Sunday, May 29, 2011

Beautiful, Stunnning, ,And Once Again, Frightening

 Hello World!  This is easily the most beautiful day of our  trip thus far,. but I only have a few minutes to tell you about it. We are sitting atop the Greek Island of Santorini and Kathy is out and about spending our money of gifts for the grandchildren.    She has great tastes.  In 15 minutes I am hoping to SKYPE my church.  (After ten days of technology failures, we finally did connect to the church in Springfeld by way of the gracious offer of a cafe owner in Santorini.  The way it worked out was quite miraculous.)

And Kathy put God's care to the test again by agreeing to ride mules with me up the incredible steep slope of this gorgeous village.  At one point she fearfully took her right hand off the "handle" that kept her on her mule, reaching out for me.  She started falling off!!!  Fortunately I was in a position to push her back on.  She tells me she has no memory of the whole event.That's what fear does to  you--though I was very proud of Kathy just getting on the mule, after her last experience riding in the Grand Canyon.


Kathy hopes we can return to Santorini some day on a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment